Monday, February 16, 2015

Woodland Park Zoo Sketches!

I've been really terrible about posting anything recently, so I'll compensate by posting a few sketchdumps this week of random stuff I've been doing the last month or so (along with some new stuff).

Seattle has seen some really nice weather this weekend, so I decided to crawl out of my art cave and squint at the bright light in the sky for a bit. Got the chance to spend a few hours at Woodland Park Zoo, one of my favorite places to sketch. Really lucked out, several of the animals were quite active during the time that we went!

I recently got an awesome new double ended brush pen, so decided to use this trip as an opportunity to test it out for sketching. Had a lot of fun with it! Here are the results:


This snow leopard was frolicking around and being adorable

Bears, wolves, elk, eagles and...tapir. What are you doing here, tapir?

Trying out the two different ends of my new pen - both give a line quality that I really like for quick sketching
My sketching habit is much better than it used to be, but I've gotta get back in the habit of posting things, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment